11 April 2011

Yokota celebrates cherry blossoms, hope with community

We did some more exploring of springtime in Japan this weekend. It was breathtaking. I fall more in love with this country every day! I will post some photos as soon as I download them from the camera. My favorite part was seeing Showa Park in full bloom! It was so nice to see so many people out, happy, relaxed, and just enjoying each others company! We continue to pray for those working so hard to fix the nuclear plant and those struggling to rebuild their lives. I am feeling so grateful for all the little things today!
This Sunday, the base opened up one of its gates to invite our Japanese neighbors to walk with us beneath the beautiful cherry blossoms. 1300+ Japanese nationals attended. It was a nice break and it felt good to feel like part of the community. Here is a link to a story about it:
Yokota celebrates cherry blossoms, hope with community 
http://www.yokota.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123250980

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That looks like a perfect street and angle for an Abby Road picture!!!