31 December 2010

Getting Settled, Part 2

One of my new year's resolutions for 2011 is to update the blog with something every week. I don't want to start the year behind, so I'll just do a quick sum-up with a few photos from the last few weeks:

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends from Little Rock
Ellen and Matthew

Ellen and Cody
Good food and good friends!

Ellen's friend, Matthew, had his 2nd birthday soon after we got here. It was fun to be a part of and all the kids had a great time.
Just out of reach... :)

Wanting to be one of the big kids!


One of our first adventures off base was to "Joyful Honda" It is a HUGE store with everything you need for your home and yard

When people said Joyful Honda carried EVERYTHING, I didn't realize that included goats!

Joyful Honda is so large it has its own food court. I thought Jon did a great job ordering when he couldn't read the menu!
The Japanese are famous for their gardens. I loved these trees we saw on the way there.

Ellie had a great time riding our purchase up the elevator to the apartment. This is why kids have dads. :)

Jon's job often takes him out to the base of Mt. Fuji. Not a bad working environment!


What exactly do you think this sign is telling motorists to do?

Jon also left on his first trip. He was gone for four days to fly to the Philippines and southern Japan. He was excited to be flying again. While they were gone he went to a sushi place and tried blow fish.
He said it was chewy. I told him to update the life insurance. :)
 Ellen is growing up so fast. I am already seeing her stubbornly independent side.

She loves to feed herself...

...but she also helps clean up!

No comments: