05 November 2009

Baby Update

Here are some photos from my ultrasound at 38 weeks and a couple of photos of my belly from 39 weeks. I am now two days away from my due date. This pregnancy went by so fast! I can't believe we are already at the end. The last week or so I have been on modified bed rest because my blood pressure has been high. I haven't had any other complications though, so the biggest struggle has just been balancing how much I can do. If I stay down TOO much, then I feel sick and start going crazy. But if I get a little overconfident and do too much, then my blood pressure shoots way up and I get in trouble with Jon and my midwives. If I don't go into labor on my own this weekend, then we will discuss inducing at my appointment on Monday. Normally midwives will not induce, but they say it just isn't worth the risks with how high my blood pressure has been. I have started progressing and I can tell this baby is getting ready to come, so I am hoping we go into labor Friday or Saturday. We will keep you all posted!







Check out this one compared to a picture of me drinking from a funky water fountain at the Texas State Capital. Can you see the family resemblance?


8 comments:

Jessica said...

You look so small! I can't believe you are 40 weeks pregnant! Some day I'd love to discuss your choice to have a midwife. That's something that I have considered, too.

Zane and Lexi said...

oh we are SOOOO excited for you guys - it's so close! good luck with everything - we are thinking of you guys and can't wait to hear the big news.
P.S. Emily, you look amazing!

Emily P said...

Thank you to you both for the compliments! Are we all going to be in SLC this Christmas? If so, we need to get together.

Jessica--I have really liked my midwives. I'll tell you all about it after I deliver and have had the full experience.

bryceandjamie said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see pics!

The Hood's said...

You look so darling! I know you don't believe it when people say it, because you certainly don't feel like it..... but you really do! She looks very cramped in there and ready to come!
Here's hoping for labor this weekend! Good luck, and I can't wait to see pics!

Ben said...

So - when do we get pictures??

Emily P said...

Working on it! Coming soon!

April said...

I've always thought you are pretty, but I especially think you're pretty as a pregnant lady. I love the pic of your 39 week prego belly with the dog. You look radiant! My father-in-law always said pregnant women are so beautiful because they glow. I don't necessarily have the same opinion, but you look glowing in these pictures and when I saw you pregnant in person.