I was pretty sick for the last couple of months, but it is starting to get a lot better. The hardest thing to deal with was my super sense of smell. I really thought Jon was trying to kill me with his jalapeno-flavored Cheezits. I could also tell when someone in the next county was cooking fish. I felt like the bear in Dr. Seuss' The Big Brag!
I am taking tips and suggestions of things you were glad you did/wish you had done during pregnancy/delivery. Also, any good books to read besides What to Expect When You're Expecting?

24 comments:
hip hip hip hooray!!! I'm so excited for all three of you!!! a book I would recommend reading is On Becoming Babywise. it is the reason I havefive good sleepers (although definitely made the theory my own). congrats! and, did I mention I'm excited for you?!?!?! :-)
Yeah! I am so excited! My favorite pregnancy book is "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" because each week I could read a little chapter and see drawings of what the baby might look like. My best advice is to remember that everyone is different and your best pregnancy and birth might not be the same as everyone else's. Before the baby comes, read "Babywise" at least once. I read this with my kids and modified it because I can't be a schedule nazi but the concepts are great and it teaches you how to recognize your baby's cues and how to get them to sleep through the night. Keegan slept through the night by about 6 weeks (9 hours!) and then Graham slept through the night by 3 1/2 months even with his issues.
We are so excited for you guys! I was wondering when you were going to update the blog with your exciting news! Love the pictures! He/She is already adorable! I'm glad you're feeling better Em! Love you guys!
Susan really likes the book I'm pregnant! by Lesley Regan MD. She likes it because it has good pictures and she felt it was more uer friendly than what to expect when...
OH my gosh!! Congradulations :) How are you doing besides being sick? Where are you living right now?
Emily!!! We are beyond thrilled that you and Jon are joining the "parents" gang :) I'm sorry you were sick but hopefully that will get better. So exciting! Can't wait to follow your pregnancy on the blog...
Also - on the babywise book, it can be pretty strict. Every kid is different so don't stress and just follow your "mommy intuition".
WOW!!! That is such great news!!! We are so happy for you and John and new baby Parks. One thing BreAnna has said about pregnancy is that it is important to enjoy it while you are going through it. It sounds strange, because certainly there are moments that aren't super enjoyable. Bre said, "we all only get nine months of it and then it's gone and you can hardly remember what it was like." Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl. Congratulations!
-Bryan
Congratulations! We had heard but just needed confirmation. I also got extremely sensitive to smell, but luckily it has mellowed out a lot. Months 4-6 have been great for me! I've heard "a girlfriend's guide to pregnancy" is a good book. We are really excited for you guys, our babies will only be a couple months apart! Keep us updated.
P.S. check out our Big news on our blog :)
Congrats! That's awesome to hear on the new baby.
YAY!! That is so exciting! You guys are gonna be great parents. As far as books go, I didn't even read What to Expect When You're Expecting.. I heard from different friends that it didn't really help them just really scared them. I loved a book called "You Pregnancy Week By Week" Especially with my first pregnancy! You should go get it! I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm excited for you!! Keep in touch!
Congrats from the Stahle fam! Our kids will be the same age (we're expecting #4 on Oct. 25th). The only tip I would give is to keep exercising. Yoga is especially helpful, especially in the third trimester when your legs and feet start to swell.
Oh my gosh! I am so excited for you guys! What an exciting turn life is about to make for you guys! There's nothing more beautiful than the birth of a child!
I too loved Babywise... and I have two really good sleepers! I also liked "Your Pregnancy Week By Week", it shows pictures of how your baby is growing, and gives you tips, etc.
I cannot stress enough to keep exercising! I did spin classes and step aerobics until the day before I delivered both of my boys. I felt great and never swelled one bit. My Dr. told me to exercise just like I did before I got pregnant. He said your body will let you know if you're doing too much, and then you can adapt to what works for you.
I say don't find out what you're having! We didn't with our first and it was so much fun! We found out with the 2nd (due to other circumstances), and I much preffered not knowing!
Good luck, I am excited to see more updates! Oh, and I'm glad you're feeling better!
Heyyy!! Look who's gonna have a baby!! Congratulations 'mom'! Very exciting :) God bless.
We're so excited for you guys! I'm glad you're past the feeling sick part. Can't wait to find out what you're having. I like the book "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Pregnancy". Very interesting book full of statistics and facts that basically stresses the fact that childbirth is one of healthcare's biggest money-makers and how sometimes Doctor's can be looking out for their own best interest instead of yours. It just made me more aware of consequences of procedures that doctor's don't really share with you.
Yes! This is what I hope you were going to say. I got your email on my blackberry and couldn't get to my computer till just now. I was weighing all the things it could be in my mind all day. I'm glad it is THIS! Well, I am proud of you for losing weight and then getting pregnant . . . now after the baby comes you get to do it all again, but it will be easier because you KNOW you can do it! Enjoy pregnancy, it sucks, but when it is gone you miss it (in a strange way). My favorite book was "Girlfriend's Guid to Pregnancy" it talked about all the "non-mentionables" that only a really close girlfriend might tell you. (ie some people poop while pushing the baby out, etc.) things other books and your doc might brush over or not even mention. It was great and made me laugh out loud, it was a fun read. Good luck! I hope all goes well!!!!
Awesome news! Congratulations. What a fun and exciting experience it will be for you guys to add a little critter to your family. I love my boys and all the excitement they bring to our life. My favorite baby books (mostly for post-birth) are "Super Baby Food" -an all around awesome book about nutrition, making your own baby food (very easy!) and snacks, etc for when they get older. My second book is "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child." Babywise didn't work for us (maybe it was the twin thing) but this book has been a gem in helping us solve each sleep stage/challenge as they arise. We have great sleepers. Good luck! You guys will be great!
HOOooooRAY! This is fantastic news. I'm so exited for you three! This is such a fun stage. I loved being pregnant. It was one of the few times in my life when I felt really proud of the way I looked. I loved it. My advice is to take pictures of your belly. Take a few growing pictures but be sure to take at least one of the big belly. You will quickly forget how big it was. I can't wait to hear updates!
Congratulations and a way big high five! So happy for you! You definitely have a munchkin on the way! All the best. You'll make great parents!
Congratulations! The Tibbitts are excited for you!
Woohoo!!! I thought this might be it when you said we have news! This is big news, congratulations!!!
And "What to Expect..." is the best book still. There's also a "What to Expect the First Year" that I would recommend.
Congrats, Em. That is so exciting! My favorite book was atypical and maybe not for all people, but was "Belly Laughs" by Jenny McCarthy. It has some language in it, but was so dang funny. I felt like it was informative and funny and someone who could poke fun at the pregnancy experience. I do second Ginny's suggestion on "Babywise." I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl!!!
Yay! I had a feeling you might be announcing this - there's something about a move to a new place, isn't there? :)
Oh, and Heather had the super-smell ability as well. Quite amazing, isn't it?
congratulations!
THAT IS SO EXCITING! Congratulations. =) I can say that pregnancy is one of the few areas in which I am not extremely wise and therefore do not have any advice to offer. But good luck anyways! You are going to be an amazing mother!
Post a Comment